Role: Learning Support Practitioner
Location: dBs Music FE centre, Bristol
Employed by The Cornwall College Group but based at dBs Music's Bristol FE Centre, we are looking for someone to support individuals or small groups of learners in the achievement of their learning goals. This includes promoting progression, development of independent life/ employability and preparing for adulthood. We are looking for a Learning Support Practitioner (LSP) to support learners with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across a wide range of curriculum areas.
About dBs Music
At dBs Music we are a forward thinking and people focused organisation. We provide authentic opportunities for all to achieve, to raise aspirations and so to become 'better skilled' individuals. We must strive to be innovative and to constantly be pushing the boundaries of what is achievable. We take pride in our facilities and strive to constantly maintain, update and improve them for the benefit of all students and staff at dBs Music.
- Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy, or equivalent
- Award in Preparing to Support Learning, or equivalent
- Level 2 recognised qualifications in Additional Learning Support or equivalent e.g. City & Guilds, Ptlls, Cert Ed, PGCE
- Experience of working with young people and adults with varying levels/ ranges of specific learning difficulties, disabilities, sensory impairments and social emotional/ behavioural difficulties
- A basic understanding of music software for recording and producing
How to apply
The role is 18 hours per week for 36 weeks at £7.74 ph. For a full job description, or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please send your CV and a supporting cover letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 31/08/18.