Role: Head Technician Location: dBs Music HE centre, Bristol
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 pro rata (Depending on experience)
About dBs Music
At dBs Music we are a forwarding thinking and people focused organisation. We provide authentic opportunities for all to achieve, to raise aspirations and so to become 'better skilled' individuals. We must strive to be innovative and to constantly be pushing the boundaries of what is achievable. We take pride in our facilities and strive to constantly maintain, update and improve them for the benefit of all students and staff at dBs Music.
Work will be wide and varied but the following will give you an idea of what to expect:
- Checking all facilities are clean, tidy and well maintained on a daily basis
- Where appropriate perform equipment tests and maintenance
- Delegate maintenance tasks to the technician team
- Supervise a small team of technicians, including producing work schedules, organizing holiday cover etc.
- Liaise with external contractors with regards to electrical, security and fire alarm maintenance and upgrade work
- Ensure alarm systems are tested routinely across site and keep a fire test record
- Work with the Centre Manager to plan and upgrade facilities, including budgeting for works and appointing contractors
- Work with the technician team to plan and implement room upgrades and redesigns
- Be responsible for creating and managing inductions and user tests for the studio facilities Work with the dBs Music Technical Manager and Centre Manager to specify equipment purchases for the facility
- Manage studio and facility room bookings, working with the Centre Manager in timetabling sessions and resources
- Work with the Centre Manager in the recruitment of technicians and volunteers
- Work with the dBs Music Technical Manager and Centre Manager in the development of new studio and educational facilities
- Offer logistical support to student projects and outside events by keeping an overview on the curriculum and consulting with tutors
- When required support other dBs Music centres
- Be available out of hours to answer alarm call outs
- Suggest and implement energy saving measures across the site
- Keep an up to date health and safety file and ensuring it’s available to staff and students via virtual learning environment and appropriate electronic means
- Liaise with IT technicians and with the central IT team to ensure a smooth running of the IT infrastructure
- Manage the day to day operational budget including petty cash
You will be working with a wide range of people including students and the senior management team at dBs Music, you must be personable and have a good sense of humour. The ability to work in a team as well as demonstrating a huge amount of initiative is essential. As dBs Music is a busy and demanding environment, you'll have the ability to handle a multiple of concurrent tasks whilst keeping a level head. You will be expected to share the dBs Music vision and be constantly driving towards improving the facilities and services we provide.
How to apply
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 18th May.