WHAT IS CLEARING?
If you've not secured a place at university, not got the grades you needed or you've changed your mind about what course you'd like to study, then clearing is for you! Clearing is a process managed by UCAS and manages matching applicants without a university place to one of the university places still available.
Clearing is also available to those who already have their results and haven't yet applied to university. If you've not already registered with UCAS then you may be able to apply direct instead.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR CLEARING?
You are eligible if:
- You already have your exam results but you have no offers.
- You had conditional offers but your exam results didn't go to plan, you can use Clearing from results day.
- You have declined all your offers or not responded by the due date.
- UCAS received your application after 30 June. If they receive your application after this date, they will not send it to any universities or colleges, therefore you will automatically be entered into Clearing.
HOW DOES CLEARING WORK ON UCAS?
- UCAS will list all the university courses available in Clearing online.
- Log in to your UCAS Track account. If you are eligible, a Clearing button will have automatically been added to your UCAS Track screen.
- Before you can add a choice you will need a verbal offer, once you have received a verbal offer from us, and you want to accept, click 'Add Clearing choice' within your UCAS Track account.
- We will then receive a notification of your application and will confirm your place; this will show as an acceptance on the choices page of your UCAS Track account.
WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE THROUGH CLEARING?
A full list of courses available through Clearing can be found over on our Clearing Page
WHEN DOES CLEARING START?
You can only apply through Clearing when you have your results. For most applicants Clearing starts on A level results day: Thursday 16th August.
If you are taking a BTEC, or any other qualifications where you already have your results, you can contact us to secure your place.
If you'd like to work out exactly how many UCAS points you have achieved, you can use the UCAS points calculator.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE THE GRADES?
Don't panic, entry requirements are important - but so is your experience; if you can demonstrate aptitude, enthusiasm and motivation you will be considered on an individual basis. It's always worth speaking to us about your situation.
If you've applied through UCAS, check your UCAS Track account. Even if you have not achieved your expected grades, this doesn't mean you haven't secured your place at dBs Music.
If you do find yourself in Clearing and would like to come to dBs Music, complete your details over on our Clearing page or call our Admissions Team on 0333 344 2243.
CAN I APPLY DIRECT?
If you have decided you want to come to dBs Music and haven’t registered with UCAS yet you may be able to apply direct.
Please give our Admissions Team a call on 0333 344 2243 - please have ready details about your previous study and your relevant previous experience.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH MY STUDENT FINANCE?
If you haven't yet applied for student finance you will need to apply now at www.gov.uk/student-finance. If you have already applied for finance and your course/university has changed during Clearing you need to let Student Finance England know as soon as possible. Log in to your account to change your details.