Salary: £20,000 pro rata
Hours: Flexible hours ranging from 20 hours to a maximum of 32 hours per week
About dBs Music
dBs Music is a forwarding thinking and people focussed organisation. We provide authentic opportunities for all to achieve, to raise aspirations and so to become 'better skilled' individuals. We must strive to be innovative and to constantly be pushing the boundaries of what is achievable. We take pride in our facilities and strive to constantly maintain, update and improve them for the benefit of all students and staff at dBs Music.
Work will be wide and varied but the following will give you an idea of what to expect:
● Ensuring all equipment in the facility is always in full working condition. Ensuring that all lecturers using equipment are competent and have received full instruction in use of equipment
● Working with Centre Manager, Head Technician and other staff to establish site procedures and policies.
● Responsible for the security of equipment and premises. Will be a named key-holder for security monitoring stations.
● Responsible for upholding and promoting Health & Safety in the facility.
● Preparatory activities on site prior to the arrival of students.
● Represent the mission, aims and policies of dBs Music in a manner that fosters cooperation and respect between staff on site and throughout all dBs Music facilities.
● Ensure that all staff are conversant with fire drills and escape procedures.
● Ensuring the needs of students, in whatever form, are addressed.
● Work to contribute to a high level of morale among the staff.
● Attend all academic and general staff meetings as required.
This is a broad outline of responsibilities for this role. Duties may therefore be varied as demonstrated by need and as determined by the Centre Manager.
Operational and set up experience of technical equipment and software used in the facility skills and knowledge required include, but are not limited to:
● DAW including; Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and Native Instruments
● Mac OS in a networked environment
● Basic network skills
● Analogue and digital mixing consoles
● PA equipment
● Wide range of Microphones and outboard
● DJ performance equipment
● Projectors and other teaching equipment
● Patchbays including soldering audio connectors
● Electronic maintenance and troubleshooting
● Awareness of electrical safety and PAT testing
● An understanding of H&S issues, risk assessment and first aid
● Good general maintenance skills
You will be working with a wide range of people including students and the senior management team at dBs Music, you must be personable and have a good sense of humour. The ability to work in a team as well as demonstrating a huge amount of initiative is essential. dBs Music is a busy and demanding environment so the ability to handle a multiple of concurrent tasks whilst keeping a level head is a must. You will be expected to share dBs Music’s vision and be constantly driving towards improving the facilities and services we provide.
If you are interested in applying then please read the attached job description and send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 25th September.